CRESWELL HOLIDAY LIGHT PARADE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please keep in mind that this is the first time we’ve arranged a Holiday Light Parade and it’s entirely a volunteer effort. We will only accept the first 25 vehicle/float entries. While we will do our best, we are bound to make a few mistakes and hope to learn from them so we can have even better parades in future. Please be kind and patient with all involved so this can become a wonderful new Creswell tradition.
- Parade Date and Time ~ Sat, Dec 2, 2017, 5:00 pm
- Parade Line-up ~ Starting at 4:00 pm in the Presbyterian Church parking lot on Oregon Ave. between 4th and 5th Streets
- Parade Route ~ Down Oregon Avenue, turning right at City Hall (1st Street)
- End Location ~ City parking lot across from the Fire Station (and surrounding area if there’s not enough room)
Failure to follow rules / regulations will be grounds for removal from this parade.
1. All Parade entries shall maintain a distance of no closer than 25 feet to the entry in front of them.
2. No stopping will be allowed unless the parade is stopped as a unit. No entry shall be allowed to stop to allow photos, to “perform” or to drop off parade participants. All entries must keep the same pace and distance as the entry in front of them.
3. Drivers of registered vehicles must be a licensed driver at least 18 years of age.
4. All vehicles must remain in the traffic lanes of the roadway.
5. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to ride on floats unless accompanied by an adult.
6. Trailers are required to have functional tail lights. Trailers shall have sides high enough that children (if riding) cannot fall over sides. Trailers must be securely attached to the towing vehicle.
7. No one will be allowed to ride inside the back of a pickup truck, unless seated on the bed bottom or safely secured. At no time shall anyone be seated on the sides or tailgate of a pickup or have arms or legs hanging over the side.
8. All motorized vehicles (3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, golf carts, motorcycles, mopeds, lawn mowers, dune buggies, jeeps, miniature cars, etc.) must be operated by an adult.
9. A minimum of (1) adult per ten (10) children must accompany walkers during the entire parade route. Walkers are required to provide some form of Holiday lighting.
10. We’d rather avoid candy, but if you must, Candy /trinkets must be handed out—not thrown, not tossed—passed from one hand to another.
11. Holiday music is permitted on parade entry.
~ NO LIVE SANTAS PLEASE ~
SANTA WILL BE MAKING HIS APPEARANCE AT THE END OF THE PARADE